Monday, April 16, 2018
11 Ways to Follow the LIGHT
Follow the LIGHT
1. Cherish the Good, the True, and the Just with all of your emotion, all of your intellect and reasoning, and all of your strength.
2. Never make some finite thing or idea or group a central ought and duty for which you harm others.
3. Be courteous and respectful in your words and thoughts. Don’t ridicule or profane what is of value and worth.
4. Take at least one day and evening a week for mindfulness, recreation, and reflection.
5. Show caring and concern for the elderly, including your own parents.
6. Protect and esteem others. Don’t kill or do violence to them in thought, word, or deed.
7. Commit to one other person for life, in an ultimate sense through intellectual, emotional, and physical union. Be steadfast and loyal.
8. Show generosity; share with other humans in need; don’t take what belongs to others.
9. Speak the truth always in caring and altruism. Be honest and forthright.
10. Simplify; be content with what is good, necessary, and enjoyable; don’t fixate on and long for what others have.
And another commandment: Care for all other humans as much as yourself including those different from you and even your enemies.
And care for other sentient creatures.
--a theistic humanistic version of Jewish ethical commandments in modern language
In the Light,