Thursday, April 7, 2016

Impressionistic, Psychedelic Sunburst Quilt


























My sweetheart created this sunburst quilt of color for me recently. What if I had gotten this quilt from her back when I drove my Chevy van across country in September 1967? On the side of my van I drew a sign which scrolled--The Mystical Hippopotamus.:-)

I got my first draft notice when I was living in Haight-Ashbury in February, had dropped out of Long Beach State where I was working on a degree in Creative Writing.

As a conscientious objector to war, that fall I headed for Philadelphia to work in a mental hospital with emotionally disturbed teens and children.

Long ago, and far away.

Living in the brilliant Light of Beauty,

Daniel Wilcox

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is absolutely stunning. Your work is beautiful!

Daniel Wilcox said...

Hello Debra,

Thanks. I'll relay your comment to my sweetheart.

She's already finished another quilt, a Disney one for our 6-year-old granddaughter.